Single Tooth Dental Implant – Trumbull, CT
Superior Results From Whole Tooth Replacement
Millions of people are missing just one tooth, which has many consequences to their oral health. For example, the other teeth are more susceptible to problems because they begin to shift, the jawbone becomes thinner, and gum problems often develop as well. Not to mention the way that a missing tooth impacts your self-confidence! By restoring your smile with dental implants in Trumbull, you can protect your oral health and avoid these issues altogether. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Cohen. He handles both the placement and restoration of implants right here in-office and has helped countless people restore their smile over the years.
Single Tooth Replacement Options
Below are two different options for replacing a single missing tooth. During your consultation, Dr. Cohen will discuss the pros and cons of each choice in more detail. One important difference to be aware of is that an implant replaces both the root and crown of a missing tooth, while a bridge only replaces the crown.
- Fixed bridge – This non-removable restoration involves putting dental crowns on the two teeth on either side of a gap, with a third dental crown in the middle to “bridge” the missing space. A bridge can last 10-15 years with proper maintenance (good oral hygiene habits to clean underneath it and regular checkups.)
- Single dental implant – Made from surgical-grade titanium, a single implant is a post that’s placed in the jaw to replace a missing root. The surgery is minimally invasive and takes 1-2 hours. After the implant has fused with the surrounding bone, which usually takes several months, it’s then restored with a dental crown (often made of porcelain or ceramic) that’s matched to the existing shade of your smile.
The Benefits of Implant-Supported Single Tooth Replacement
At Trumbull Smiles Family Dental, we love seeing the way tooth replacement changes our patients’ lives for the better. But while it’s true that bridges and implants both restore the appearance and function of your smile, there are some important benefits from dental implants to keep in mind:
- Longevity – A fixed bridge typically needs to be replaced after 10-15 years, but an implant can last 30 years or more.
- Superior chewing strength – Implants mimic the strength and function of natural teeth because they replace their missing roots. This provides dramatically improved chewing strength and allows you to eat a wider variety of foods.
- Maintains your facial structure – With an implant, you won’t lose mass in your jawbone or develop the “sunken-in” appearance that would otherwise occur after tooth loss.
- Improved self-confidence – Your self-confidence affects every area of your life. With the natural look, feel, and function of an implant, you’ll forget you ever lost a tooth to begin with.
- Doesn’t impact healthy teeth – A single implant doesn’t require grinding down the adjacent teeth to get dental crowns like a bridge does.
If you’ve been wanting to replace your missing tooth and would like to find out more, don’t hesitate to schedule a consultation. As a dentist in Trumbull, we’ve seen the benefits of implants firsthand and would love to help you feel great about your smile again!